You want to protect your New Jersey home and its contents from damage caused by theft, fire, lightning, smoke, and other disasters. But where can you find cheap New Jersey homeowners insurance?
Insurance Comparison Sites to the Rescue!
When you’re looking for cheap New Jersey homeowners insurance with a reliable company, you should begin your search by visiting an insurance comparison website.
At many comparison sites you can complete a simple questionnaire and get fast homeowners insurance quotes from several A-rated insurance companies. You can then choose which company you want to insure your home.
Before you go online to get your homeowners insurance quotes, you’ll need to make a detailed inventory of the property in your home and in storage areas. This inventory will help you figure out how much coverage you need.
It’s also a good idea to check your credit rating to make sure it’s accurate. Many insurance companies set your rate higher if you have poor credit.
Getting Your Quotes
Now you’re ready to go online to an insurance comparison site. At the site you’ll fill out a questionnaire with information such as …
* The square footage of your home and the year it was built.
* The number of miles from your home to the nearest fire station and the number of feet to the nearest hydrant.
* Construction information about your home, such as the type of foundation and roof.
* The limits of coverage and the deductibles you want.
* Safety features in the home, such as deadbolts, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and security systems.
To get your New Jersey homeowners insurance as cheap as possible, follow these tips:
* Set your deductible as high as you can afford. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
* Get all the discounts you qualify for. New Jersey homeowners insurance companies typically offer discounts for senior citizens and non-smokers. You may also get a discount if you have multiple policies with the same insurance company. Ask if the company offers any other discounts.
Visit or click on the following link to get cheap New Jersey homeowners insurance quotes and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section.
The authors, Brian Stevens and Stacey Schifferdecker, have spent 30 years in the insurance and finance industries, and have written extensively on cheap New Jersey homeowners insurance.